I really need to make a new banner...

Sunday, May 13, 2007

ACen '07 Report

Well, I'm finally back. I am tired. I'm running on about 5 hours of sleep. I'm sore all over. I feel like I could pass out at any moment if I wanted to. But I'm going to upload my pics from my camera to teh compy and post about my adventures. So let's get started.

Friday, May 11
Around 11, I get home with Louis in tow. We stand around and talk with my mom for a while and then went to put in the new headlight and turn signal for my car. Around 2 we went to bed.

Saturday, May 12
Got up at 6:20-ish. Showered. Took meds. Gathered all the stuff I wanted to bring with me and put in the car. Woke up Louis around 7. We take off about 15 minutes later. We pick up Chrissy, go get donuts, realize that Chrissy didn't print out the info she needed to get her badge and ran home to print it out. We finally hit the road to Chicago around 8:30.

About 2 hours later, we had arrived at the Hyatte. The short version of the drive was we got lost for about 5 minutes, during which Louis got better directions than Yahoo did. We went inside, got in line for registration, waited for like 20 minutes, then go into the pre-reg line (which had maybe 1 other person in it at the time). We get our badges (there was a mix up so I got only a Saturday badge while Chrissy got a full one, so I had to steal hers later). We head to the dealer's room for the next hour or two. Very little was bought at this time, but Chrissy did try on two corsets. Sometime during this we lost Louis and ended up going to the main building and watching AMV's, which included a decent Haruhi one and one with the Duncan Hills Coffee Jingle from Metaloclypse. There was some more shopping stuffs, some signing of Chrissy's boobs (Hawk and Mookie got to sign one boob while I got the other one to myself), some listening to the Spoony Bards, and some general hanging out.

I took a number of pictures throughout the day. Found cosplayers of Guilty Gear (that surprised me, too), Fate/Stay Night, a Vertech, Dr. McNinja, Solid Snake, and a horde of Dan Hibiki's. I will have a link to the folder in my photobucket for this later.

Eventually, Louis rejoined me and Chrissy and we went to Denny's for dinner. Around 10:30-ish, Chrissy's brother came and picked her up. I went downstairs and played D&D with the most incompetent bunch I've ever seen. Only me and the GM knew what should've been going on the entire time. The rest were either too tired or too crazy to play with much sanity whatsoever. We went through 3 different sorcerers (who all looked the same and had the same abilities/spells/etc) and the fighter became a mutated yup-yup... thing. I got to see in 8-bit vision for a short while, we exploded one of the dead sorc's with a corpse explosion potion (which I ended up throwing into a room of skeletons). My paladin ended up ditching the party once he realized that he couldn't disbelieve the halfling rogue in an attempt to salvage what was left of the group. This was around the time I was getting too tired, so me and Louis went back to the car to crash.

Sunday, May 13
After waking up around 9-ish, me and Louis waited for an hour until we could get into the Dealer's room (it was supposed to be open at 9). We bought what stuff we had left on our list and then headed out. We ended up missing the turn off and taking a somewhat round-about route to get back home. It worked out alright in the end, though.

Loot gained:
3 pins (one of Shakugan no Shana, one of Haruhi, and one of the Spoony Bards)
1 figurine of Shakugan no Shana
1 Apple Geeks T-Shirt
1 Fate/Stay Night pendant
1 Hi-grade Gundam model of Strike Noir
The DVDs for Seasons 3 and 4 of Red vs Blue
And a 3 sword set for $40

Well, I'm out of things to say, so I think I'll leave it at this. It was a lot of fun and as a note for myself next year, I'm so getting a room. Sleeping in the car sucks.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just found you through a google search that led me here through the PAC forums and then to your link and then here and all that stuffs on the school's computers. I was surprised it wasn't blocked...
anywhos, *hugs and kisses* I love you ^.^ have a good day!